Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Kids birth

It was an early May morning when my husband and I received the call that I was pregnant. The emotions that overcame our bodies were excitement and fear. We knew that we wanted to be parents but we were scared on how we would raised them, but we knew that as long as we included God in all of our plans that we would be ok. A week later while at our first doctor visit we discovered that I was having twins. Once again fear took over our state of mind but we were not going to allow fear to take over our first emotion which was joy and the fact that we were blessed. My pregnancy had it trials and tribulations, I was placed on bed rest at 4 months and at 6 months I was admitted to the hospital. By this time I was 5 centimeter dilated and I was pump up with drugs to stop the premature birth. Six days later I had to have an emergency c-section due to the fact that my son was under cardiac arrest. I remember the doctor telling me that they could not wait until the drugs took effect they had to go in now if I wanted my son to survive. I remember when they cut me and pulled out my daughter and then a minute later my son. I waited to hear their cry and after what I thought was forever I heard their cry and then they were placed on my chest, at that moment as I looked over at my husband I knew that everything was going to be ok because God was in control. Well its been two years since their birth and I can say that they are on track with full term babies. My husband and I don't get much sleep anymore, they now climb in and out of their beds and into ours but we would not change anything for the world. They keep us on our feet and they amaze us everyday with their talents, my sons walks around the house singing and playing with his drum sets while my daughter loves to dance and practice her MMA fighting with her father. Life couldn't be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment